Welcome to the Exponav Foundation Archive.
The archive is run and regulated by the Exponav Foundation, a private, non-profit organization. Our main function in the Archive is to spread the knowledge about our naval past to society, the industry, and the scientific community, ensuring the preservation of our documentary heritage.
We use the archival description software AtoM (Access to Memory) to make the archive documents available to users, providing digitised material when available.
Our documentary collections are registered following the ISAD (G), an international framework standard for archival description.
• Astano. Astilleros y Talleres del Noroeste ASTANO, located in the town of Fene. Astano started building small, wooden ships and soon evolved into an international reference in the construction of oil tankers up to 300,000 tons.
• Tecnor, an engineering and services company that provided studies, projects, inspections, and technical-economic consulting services in the field of naval engineering. Tecnor was one of the most important Technical Offices in Galicia.
• 18th-century plans. A project developed in collaboration with the Naval Library (Biblioteca Naval), in the Naval Museum of Ferrol, where the originals are guarded.
• Nautical Charts, dating from the late 19th century to the middle of the 20th century.
• Design drawings of an Ocean Liner at the Astano shipyard.
This work has been possible thanks to the financial support that the Galician Ministry of Culture, Education and Universities (Consellería de Cultura, Educación y Ordenación Universitaria da Xunta de Galicia) has given to our institution, subsidising several archival projects since 2017.